Into the 21st Century

Well, we don't own a cell phone and we don't have a camcorder. Our little tv is fifteen years old (not that we use it much anyway). So, here I am trying to do something "technical"--welcome to my "blogspot"!! I thought this might be a fun way to keep in touch with family and friends since we are scattered hither and yon.
Vermont is lovely right now. The kids and I went to the beach at Lake Champlain yesterday and it was perfect . . . a lovely sunny day after many days of rain. The water is still frigid, of course, but there is something so relaxing about playing in the sand!

6 Comments:
HELLO MY FRIEND!!!!
Welcome to blogging. Thanks for posting a comment.
Love, Linda
Email blogging through Blogger is probably the easiest way to be able to update regularly. It is fast and easy, once you've set it up. Welcome to the madness.
I've never understood the advantage of email blogging, possibly because I've never tried it. Of course, I've done some weird things with my blog that I think would nullify any advantage anyway, but that's just for me. But even with a standard blog, it seems if one has access to email, one must also have access to the internet and therefore dashboard, where typing up a post is as simple, at least, as typing up an email. Just always wondered. Am I missing out on something really cool, as I once did before I started using Gmail instead of Hotmail, and mozilla instead of Internet Explorer, as two examples?
Anyhoo, welcome Ruegseggers! Don't be afraid of blogging. If you use email, you have all the technical knowhow required for using blogger. Linda is probably your best resource on how to post pictures. It appears she has figured out how to put them right into her blogger account. The method I use I suspect is needlessly more complicated (though still not bad). I set it up before (I think) blogger had such a service. If you have a digital camera, its really easy to do.
Andy,
1. When you drag and drop photos into your gmail, it gets them right where you want them in the blog post.
2. You have the advantage of spell check.
3. You can compose and save drafts without resorting to Blogger's clunky save as draft feature.
hey guys!! I just discovered your blog, and welcome!!!! hopefully this will be a good way to "keep in touch" in the future...
and what about this email thing?? I never even knew that was possible. do you have to have gmail?
Post a Comment
<< Home