Vermont Ruegseggers

Monday, October 01, 2007

The Pumpkin Harvest



Well, the summer has flown by and we are deep into our fall routine. We have been blessed with an absolutely beautiful September. The weather is cool at night, the apples are ripe and the leaves are beginning to march on their annual pigment parade. Vermont has always provided us with an autumnal feast for the eyes, our little prize before the long winter ahead. These pictures were taken during a jaunt to the apple orchard. Anna's favorite attraction was the hay ride! We wish you could all come over for some cider and donuts!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy :) said...

What great photos!! It is really pretty there... it's kind of weird experiencing fall here in Arizona, without the colors. I don't miss the cold temperatures, though. :)

I wish we could come over for some cider and donuts, too... I know a few kids around here who would *love* to meet (or get reacquainted with) your kids!! And, I wish you could all come here and enjoy the pleasant fall we're experiencing here. It's *so* nice!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just travel at the speed of thought, come to your house for the evening, then maybe you'd come to ours for the afternoon tomorrow? We've had these kinds of thoughts more than once since moving to the Southwest. We like it here, but there are so many people we'd love to see more often!

Amy :)

5:42 PM  
Blogger steveswife said...

Traveling at the speed of thought--isn't that a neat idea?! It would be great to come to AZ. Steve's grandmother lives in Sun City. And Steve was actually born in Scottsdale. Now you're there so we have even more ties to the southwest! You can be sure that if we ever make the trek out west, being with you would be the highlight (better than the Grand Canyon!)

Love to all,

Julie

5:50 PM  
Blogger Amy :) said...

Julie,

I didn't know that Steve was born in Scottsdale! That's not far away. Sun City is quite close to us... in fact, one of the clinics where Matt works is there. :) Matt's parents had retired to Sun City West in the late 80s, which is why we even visited Arizona in the first place.

When I think back, the first time we came to visit Matt's mom, I didn't like Arizona. It was too sunny... because I didn't have any sunglasses with me (why I didn't just go buy a pair is beyond me!).

What's funny about that is that one of my favorite things about living here is the sunshine! When we go out, I always make sure to wear sunglasses. :)

We would *love* it if you all came to Arizona! Maybe someday...

Talk to you later,
Amy :)

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home