A Maine Event
Spring being a relative term in New England, we find it best to enjoy our days regardless of the weather. As such, we decided to take a trip to the shore of Maine in . . . April! We found there to be a certain "specialness" in going to Maine during the off season. No crowds, no traffic, quiet beaches. Though very few tourist-type places were open (we missed having cones at the Scoop Deck), all we needed was the local Dairy Queen and Dunkin' Donuts to make it feel like vacation. It was especially fun to see Anna's reaction to the ocean. I think I have a bona fide beach bum in the making. When we got in the car to leave, we could hear her moaning from the back seat, "No bye bye! Go see ocean!"


1 Comments:
Looks fun! We just got home Wednesday night (late) from our vacation in North Carolina. It was FUN! :) I'll have to post about our trip on my blog soon... there are so many great photos we took!
One of the things I like most about homeschooling is the ability to go on vacation at "off" times. :) I remember when we went to Yosemite in February, and they were unseasonably warm, so we didn't have to deal with snow, either. It was fun! :)
Amy :)
Post a Comment
<< Home